Case management is fundamental to changing the way the uninsured understand and access the health care system.
The Health Access Project links each patient with a case manager stationed at a Hospital Emergency Room or other location in the community.
HAP Case Managers:
- screen patients for various programs and assist patients in applying for public health insurance;
- schedule medical appointments to address patients’ needs and coordinate follow-up care;
- arrange interpreting services for non-English speaking patients;
- refer patients to community resources to meet their non-medical needs;
- facilitate communication between patients and providers.