- Screens patients for various programs and assists patients in applying for public health insurance
- Schedules medical appointments to address patients needs and coordinates follow-up care
- Arranges interpreting services for non-English speaking patients
- Refers patients to community resources to meet their non-medical needs
- Facilitates communication between patients and providers
The population of Salt Lake County is becoming increasingly diverse. In addition to financial barriers, ethnic and racial minorities face linguistic and cultural barriers that make it difficult to access health care services. HAP addresses these barriers by maintaining bilingual, culturally-sensitive staff and by providing interpretation services for patients with limited English proficiency. HAP recruits volunteers to assist in these efforts.
The Health Access Project is a department of Community Health Centers, Inc., a private, nonprofit organization under section 501(c)3 of the IRS Code.